Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Murakami at the Museum of Modern Art in Frankfurt

For weeks I have wanted to go to the Takashi Murakami exhibit in Frankfurt, Germany but couldn't find a single soul who wanted to go with me so, again, I talked my poor kids into coming with me. 
 

I told them to get very comfortable in the back of the car and expect a loooong ride. I bribed them with a picnic and comics and fluffy pillows. 



And it was so worth it. What a great exhibit! Murakami has been shown in Los Angeles and New York but Frankfurt is displaying the most pieces of his work. All his art was displayed throughout the Museum of Modern Art, which is an amazing building in itself. In some rooms or nooks were just one or two focal points of his art, everything is very spacy and light. 
Son claims it was his favourite art show yet. And supposedly it has nothing to do with the videos of Kaikai and Kiki that were shown in a darkened room.
    

The Murakami shops in LA and NY were sold out after only one hour. In Frankfurt they still had a few items for us to buy. Luckily for my wallet, nothing of the Louis Vuitton collection though... 



No comments: