Monday, August 4, 2008

A Perfect Summer Day


A perfect summer day to me is one that I repeat as often as possible. Thankfully, in Southern Florida it is "summer" all year long, so if I am lucky I get a few of those perfect days per year...

My day starts early with a drive to Captiva Island, which to me has the most beautiful beach, the most perfect waves and the biggest shells. After a cup of coffee from a coffee shop around the corner, we lay on the beach, read books and enjoy the ocean. The water is always greenish blue, almost looking fake. You can see dolphins swimming by and pelicans looking for fish. Life passes slowly and peacefully here.





After hours on the beach we head to the "Bubble Room", a Captiva institution. Someone once called it "outrageous" and it really is. It looks like something out of a fairy tale and the food is truely magical, too, served by "bubble scouts" in funny looking uniforms.






It is ok to go there directly from the beach, with your swimming suit still drying on your body and sand sticking to your feet.


This, to me, is the perfect day.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hi Nikella

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am a souther FLA lover--if I did not live here in NY I would for sure live on Long Boat or Lido Keys, places we love to visit!

You have a super blog, I'll be back! Nice to know you!
:0)
Tara