Monday, October 5, 2009

Note


Husband has been abroad for over 2 weeks and I am gone on a lot of overnights. And while the kids are used to one of us not being home, they really dislike it when we are both gone.
A few nights ago son left a toffee and a note on my pillow. He worried about me staying all alone in the apartment at night, since he and his sister were staying at Oma's place.


But before I could find the surprise myself he came to me and said: "I left something for you on your pillow... but now I am wondering if it is going to make you cry - are you going to be sad when you find it?"
I hadn't planned on crying that night but when I did climb into bed late at night and all alone, I was very glad the toffee was there. Without it, I might have cried after all.

1 comment:

Dre said...

Very, very sweet.