Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gingerbread Latte


You would think that since husband is in Miami, daughter is visiting the local zoo with fairy godmother I could sit down, read a book and enjoy the afternoon but - noooo - son's overzealous math teacher (the one who doesn't use the school's math book because it is not difficult enough) has given him homework. So much homework that he needs help from his mother who isn't exactly fond of math. 

I am kind of fed up with the whole school thing altogether. Foolishly, I thought I was done with school after I graduated, but having children, you have to relive everything again. Son is drowning in exams and tests and marks. Daughter's school is equally ambitious and there is barely a week when she doesn't have to memorize poems or songs. Everytime the school celebrates an event, (and there are lots of them) the students have to recite poems or sing endless songs. I am starting to wonder: can't they just get together and have fun?

But what bugs me most are a few of the other mothers. Whenever I pick up daughter from school I get a cold shoulder from them. Or a whole back. And I cannot figure out why. We are all adults, we can be polite to each other, right? 

Rereading this, I think that my first Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks this winter, isn't going to cut it. I think I need to go to a Louis Vuitton store and get myself the "Hudson" bag. (I could hit a math teacher or one of those friendly mothers over the head with it they next time I encounter them. Hit them over the head with style.)   


2 comments:

corine said...

Snooty moms, stressed out kids... It doesn't seem like a so nice school. I resent week-end homework. It feels like punishment for the whole family.

emilie newsome said...

A "Snob " is insecure and unhappy. Keep smiling and they will wonder what you have and they don't
Helene