Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mushroom Dinner


I went to the farmers market to buy some apples when I saw these mushrooms. An old lady was selling them. After telling her that I am not much of a cook she supplied me with following receipe:

* a handful of mushrooms
* 2 small zucchinis
* a few potatoes
* bit of butter
* few spoonfulls of cream cheese with herbs

Boil potatoes. Cut mushrooms and zucchinis in small pieces/slices. Let butter melt in pan. Add zucchinis and later, mushrooms. Add cream cheese to vegetables while still in pan, mix well. Eat with potatoes.

Now this is my kind of receipe. Only a few ingredients and very easy to prepare! 

I bought the mushrooms from her, went home, cooked and was very impressed with myself. So much, that I have made the same meal twice in the last week. It really is delicious. Husband likes it, too. Son pretends to like it. I haven't offered it to daughter yet since I fear her reaction. (ZUCCHINIS!!!)



2 comments:

Cottage1945 said...

That looks like a good recipe!

Mary-Laure said...

Those mushrooms look so delicious and fresh. Yum.