Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Party


We are going to the annual Christmas party from husband's work. There will be lots of speeches, nice food and the gift exchange, which is my favourite part. Everybody has to bring a gift for around $15 and put it under the Christmas tree. Later one guest after the other will chose a gift, unwrap it and keep it if they like it. If you don't like a gift, you can go up to a person whose present you do prefer and take that instead. The guest who was just robbed of his gift can either unwrap a new one or take one from another person. Normally there are one or two gift that everybody wants and there are a few nobody wants to take home. (Awful pottery, anyone?) 
It is a hoot and very, very funny.
Of course, you have to dress nicely and since I am a jeans kind of person, this takes a bit of planning for me.
Daughter and I decided on the MaxMara skirt:


Besides working at a farm, this is her favourite thing to do: going through my clothes... 

now I will have to spend the next hour putting all my clothes back on their hangers...

No comments: