Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tree


A few days ago, we decorated our Christmas tree. Especially daughter was very excited about it.
She managed not to break our favourite ornaments, like the little guy that son picked at a Christmas market years ago. At the time we lived in Georgia and visited Germany just before Christmas. He was only 3 years old and I still believe that he picked that particular ornament because it looked just like himself at the time.



Daughter was also very careful with her most treasured piece... 
 
and husband's ornament, a guitar, of course. Only if you look very closely, you can see that she tried to play it and messed up the strings...

all of my toadstools made it...

she did, however, break our most beautiful bird ornament. And then our snow owl. She was unconsolable and wanted to interupt our tree decorating and have a funeral for the birds. She wanted us to go outside and dig a grave in the frozen ground.
"No," I said. "Absolutely not."
"What are you going to do with them?" she cried. "You can't throw dead animals in the trash."

I haven't wrapped all the Christmas gifts yet. I haven't baked one single cookie yet. 

No funeral for the bird ornaments. 
  

2 comments:

les fifoles said...

Hello! Thank you for the visit and the nice comment on my blog. You asked me which camera I'm using : it's a Canon EOS 30D. I used it on the manual mode.

May I add that I have a great time visiting your beautiful blog. I find all these little stories you are telling so charming. How lucky we are to have a family!
A bientôt. Anne

Nikella said...

Merci beaucoup!

Your pictures are beautiful. I will look into the camera you are using.