Monday, April 13, 2009

London, Holland Park













Husband and the kids told me that, since it is my birthday, I could chose whatever I wanted to do in London. Anything would go. They happily would do it with me.
One of the places I always wanted to see was Holland Park. Unlike Hyde Park or Kensington Park, Holland Park is mostly visited by the residents of Kensington and Notting Hill. Not many tourists make their way to this secluded park but you will see joggers early in the morning before work, you can watch nannies with their prams and couples walking their corgies. Holland Park consists of a unusual mix of widerness and perfect order, a romantic tea house and a football field, a very relaxing Japanise garden and a tennis court.
We enjoyed the blooming flowers and bushes on two days, making our way to the Holland Park Avenue where we bought books at an old bookstore named "Daunt Books" and had coffee and pies (even gluten free for me!) afterwards.
Now, I am wondering if it is possible for us to rent a little flat there, for a month or so where I can pretent to be a Holland Park resident.

No comments: