Tuesday, April 14, 2009

London Walks


The reason I like London so much isn't Piccadilly Circus or Buckingham Palace. It isn't the Tower or Trafalgar Square either. I have seen all the famous sights there and they are impressive - but that is not what makes me want to come back over and over again. 
I like walking past those beautiful old houses with the tiny front yards, streets lined with Minis in all colors. I like searching for little shops and boutiques that carry old fashioned items that you can't get anywhere else. I like watching the school children in their uniforms and their mothers shopping for crumpets and jam. I like that in London anything goes, the more eccentric the better. 





Before getting into the Cath Kidston store, in her wallet a brand new 5 pound bill.

After our purchases of blue polka dotted umbrellas and other lovely items.
  
The moment husband and son poked their heads into this store and saw the abundance of pink they turned around and said: "Take your time. We will pick you up in 30 minutes." And off they went. The saleslady started laughing and told us she knows men really don't like the Cath Kidston store. "But you should see them running into the store asking for our help on Valentines Day!", she grinned.  

This is my personal favorite. They sell those old fashioned rose printed patterns that you can't get anywhere else. 




Every morning there are fresh rose petals in front of this flower shop.






No comments: