Saturday, August 29, 2009

Budapest, Hungary


2 overnights in Budapest. I had only been there once, years ago, but one of the flight attendants who was working with me on this tour, is a big Budapest fan and tries to request it at least once a month. She invited me to tag along with her while she went to the huge market hall with vegetables and fruit, meat and cheese. She showed me the the little shops where the Hungarians and not the tourists go shopping. She took me to an original Hungarian restaurant and went with me on a walk along the Donau river.







Just before going back to our hotel she invited me for cocktails. "Cheers!" she said. "Let's toast to beautiful Budapest!"

1 comment:

Mary-Laure said...

I spent a few days in Hungary some 15 years ago and I just adored it. The beauty! The cakes!