Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Neighbors


No matter where we live, daughter will always find one neighbor, that she is particulary fond of. Normally it is a lady, retired, with time to spare for long conversations about dogs, cats, flowers and cooking. Daughter will find every excuse to ring her door bell and come home, hours later, full of stories and bags of gummi bears. 
Afraid that she is bugging our neighbor too much I sometimes forbit daughter to ring at her apartment. "But what if she just SEES me and INVITES me to her place?" she will ask. "No," I answer. "You will stay in the garden and play. You are not visiting anybody today. When I am looking out of the window I want to see you. All right?"
"Yes," she nodds.

And this is what I see when I am looking out of the window, checking on her.    


Somehow she got the neighbor to bring out a little table and chairs and play a board game with her. All in clear view for me to see.

No comments: