Friday, June 12, 2009

Rabbit


One of daughter's friends is going through some very rough times. Miserable times, that no little girl should have to go through. I know that there isn't much we can do but I do believe it helps her to spend a lot of time with daughter. Because daughter is so full of stories and is so eager to share them that, while with her, it is hard to think at all. Period.

This little girl's birthday is coming up and I asked daughter what she would like to give her as a present. After a lot of discussions and looking through toy catalogs she came to me with an idea: "Let's buy her a rabbit," she says. 
"No, absolutely not. No rabbit. The last thing her mother needs is a rabbit," I reply firmly. 
"Well," daughter suggests, "let's buy her a rabbit and when they need help with it, we take it for a few days."   
Right. 
We did get a rabbit, even though it is just a toy rabbit. We got some hay for it to sit on and some marzipan carrots to nibble on. It's as close as we could get to the real thing...

2 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

Oh poor little girl, it breaks my heart when kids suffer.
The rabbit is just too cute though.

Dre said...

Very, very sweet.